INTERVIEW TIPS. You've worked hard to get to this point. How can you make the most of your interview at T. Rowe Price?
Do your homework
- Research T. Rowe Price and the industry ahead of time, explore this Web site, read news stories, and review company literature—including current and past annual reports.
- Come prepared with a list of job-related questions you have about our company.
- Make sure you understand the position you are applying for; don't hesitate to ask for details from your interviewer or HR contact.
- Learn and understand our values.
Convey a positive, professional image
- Allow extra time to get to the office so you know exactly where you will need to be, park, and how long it may take. You may even want to make a practice run.
- Know the names of anyone with whom you are scheduled to meet.
- Arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes early.
- Bring extra copies of your resume.
- Wear a suit or professional attire for an interview, even though the dress code at most of our locations is business casual.
Prepare for a behaviorally based interview
- T. Rowe Price conducts behaviorally based interviews, in which you will be asked position-relevant questions based on the skills needed for the position.
- Be prepared to offer specific examples that illustrate your qualifications. An interview for a customer service position might include a question about a specific time when you went out of your way to provide excellent service for someone.
- Know yourself; understand your strengths as well as your areas of development. Be ready to provide examples of your experiences and accomplishments related to the position.
- Review your past experiences and be able to talk about decisions you have made regarding careers, job changes, and education.
- Be able to define and articulate your goals for the near and long term.
- Practice speaking the answers to a friend or, if possible, videotape yourself and review the results.
Get to know us. You will find that our collaborative culture, proven investment approach, and commitment to our clients and communities set T. Rowe Price apart.